Thursday, August 19, 2010

This design is 4 lyfe.

Yesterday I completed a (com)mission for my friend Chris, which was unlike any I have done before: a tattoo.  Knowing that my design would be on his body for the rest of his life, I set out to make something supremely awesome.

Chris is a fan of superheroes and asked me to design a personalized superhero crest with his initials, "CA".  Lime green and navy blue are some of Chris' favorite colors, so I included them in my initial rough design below, with some gradient effects to make it look somewhat metallic and shiny:


Chris then sent me some feedback and a picture of an uruz rune (a symbol of strength) that he wears, which he wanted incorporated in the design somehow.  An uruz rune is shown below.

After much back and forth and collaborative brainstorming, we arrived at a final product:



As you can see, the A is formed by the tail of the C crossing an uruz rune.  This simple version will be the tattoo, but I sent Chris a shiny design for him to have, shown below.

 

Do you want me to design YOUR tattoo?

1 comment: