Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mad Men font fail, or was it?

Yesterday, while catching up on Mad Men episodes I missed from this season, I came across this super-awesome and super-nerdy article which questioned whether or not the new Sterling Cooper Draper Price logo was written in Arial font (which was a font created by Microsoft much later than the 1960s), which would be an anachronism.



Anywho, if you like Mad Men and nerds and discussing typography, then the article below is for you!

Mad Men font fail - or was it?

1 comment:

  1. no way, dude. I've never seen that show, but I know that a TV show would've hired a professional designer/typographer to create their logo, and no professional designer/typographer would use the font arial in a logo, no matter the time period of the TV show in question. having said that, I will go read the article and see if I'm right. :D

    ReplyDelete