Thursday, April 15, 2010

All De Colours, or, The Evolution of a Business Card

I recently designed some business cards for my mom's freelance art business.  She paints beautiful watercolors, makes jewelry, and offers home organization assistance.  You can check out her paintings at watercolors1.blogspot.com.  Below are 4 designs that I created to get to the final product.  As always, you can click the pictures to enlarge (some quality was lost converting for the web).  

I was instructed to make something arty and fun, with lots of color.  I sent her this...

...and this.


She liked the first design better, but wanted it brighter and more fun, so I tweaked the colors and added stars to make it more playful upon my mom's request.
This was a little too bright, and we went back to some of the original colors to get...
...the final design.

1 comment: