Monday, March 29, 2010

Hair (the musical) Poster Design commission

I was hired by the Surfside Players theater troupe in Brevard County, Florida, to create a series of posters, flyers, and logos for their upcoming production of "Hair."  I was given the copy, some restrictions and guidelines on some of the type, and pretty much free reign on the idea.  The previous designer had been working in Microsoft Paint (?!), so I also helped the troupe convert existing boilerplates and logos to vector artwork so that it can be more easily resized to be used for future show posters, etc.  My thanks to the Surfside players for the work!

This was the original postcard I designed for the show.

This is a smaller ad which was printed in grayscale in their local paper.  

Finally, this is an 11x17 poster with a boilerplate that contains their sponsor information.

No comments:

Post a Comment